How To Use Msconfig to Stop Startup Programs
Make a note of any thing you uncheck just in case just in case you need to
check it so it the program you uncheck starts up at startup. I highly
recommend that you test your system after you uncheck any program .
Checkout MajorGeeks site for a detail list of programs that can be safely disabled at
startup. I disagree with what the site says about using "services.msc",
because it allows you to hide all of the Microsoft services, which makes it
easier to turn off any unwanted startup programs.
- Have you every notice that over time your PC begins to slow down over
time. One of the reasons why your computer runs slowly is because
there are programs that are running running in the background. Most of
these programs you do not need to have running in the background. Use
Msconfig to shut down the unnecessary programs can speedup the your PC and
cut down on conflicts a program might have with another one. Msconfig is a
great program to diagnose problems with your PC. To run Msconfig
do the following
- Go to Start>Run, or press the <Windows>+<R> at the same
- Type in Msconfig This open Microsoft System
At this point you can click on either
the Services or the Startup tab.
- Uncheck the program(s) that you do not want to load at startup.
- Restart your PC when prompted.